Fly-in Fishing Outposts & Drive-in Fishing Base Camp
Pickerel Arm Camp is your gateway to some of the best walleye and northern pike fishing in all of Ontario.
Located at Sioux Lookout in Northwestern Ontario, Canada, Pickerel Arm Camp offers a perfect combination of deluxe accommodations and incredible fishing.
We pride ourselves on excellent guest services, affordable prices and fantastic fishing. Come and discover for yourself the vast wilderness and breathtaking beauty that Ontario has to offer.
Whether you choose to hop in a float plane and fly out to an outpost on a remote lake, or stay and fish right at the drive-in base camp, Pickerel Arm Camp has something to offer for everyone.
Drive-in Base Camp
Pickerel Arm is a 20 mile long branch of Minnitaki Lake on which camp is centrally located at its widest point of 3/4 miles across.
From Moonlight Falls near the south end to a deep water haven for lake trout at Lyons Bay, the Arm has an excellent variety of structure that inhabits walleyes, feisty northerns and trophy size smallmouth bass.
Beyond the Arm is Minnitaki Lake with many bays and rivers that can easily be reached in 20-30 minutes.
This entire area of the lake is special for keeping the full scenic wilderness appeal along with great fishing. The north part of the lake has 3 adjoining lakes, rivers and several more islands. There are 240 miles of shoreline and 44,695 acres on Minnitaki Lake alone and it is all accessible by boat.
We are always happy to review the lake map with newcomers for current best fishing areas and methods. Fishing licenses are now only available online.
As you enter camp you will notice a big log cabin. It is the largest of 9 rental units and accommodates 8 to 10 people. All other cabins comfortably sleep 4 to 6 people. Each includes a fully equipped modern kitchen, double or single beds with linens, bathroom with shower, electric heat, and a screened porch. Everything you need for housekeeping is included, except towels which are available upon request.
Our bay provides swimming and use of the camp pedal boat, as well as fish to be caught right off the docks. It is common to see ducks, loons and other waterfowl at our bay, and there is always the chance you will see a moose or an eagle while out on the lake.
The town of Sioux Lookout, which is just 20 minutes away, offers daytime shopping, beaches, a museum and library, plus a movie theater at night. A fun, challenging 9 hole golf course and a fully modern fitness center are open for visitors. A 10 day Blueberry Festival in August follows the blueberry picking season.
Whatever you may choose to do other than fishing or boating, we look forward to knowing you are relaxing and enjoying the beauty of the lake and area.
What We Proved at the Drive-in Base Camp:
- Deluxe housekeeping cottages complete with bed linens, kitchen facilities, dishes, cookware, coffeemaker and Microwave ovens
- 3 or 4 piece bathroom
- DVD player/Flat panel screen
- Free WIFI
- Electric heat
- Outdoor propane BBQ grill
- Screened Porch
- Bottled water coolers
- Ice cube machine
- Store with groceries and tackle
- Life vests
- Minnow buckets
- Landing Nets
- Dish Towels and Dish Soap
- Toilet Paper
- Paper towels
- Garbage bags
- Live and frozen bait
- Central pay telephone
- Cement boat ramp
- Freezer facilities
- Dock outlets for battery charging
- Fish cleaning house and 12+ hour daily dock service
- Outfitter Boats – 17 feet long, 50 HP Yamaha 4 stroke motor, flat floor, pedestal seats, extra wide w/storage, power trim & tilt and depth finder
- Bath towels not provided (available on request)
- Shorelunch frypans are available on request
Fly-In Outpost Camps
Each of our 9 cabins are on different sized lakes, one of which is on a river, and are modern and fully equipped for housekeeping.
What We Proved at the Drive-in Base Camp:
- Excellent walleye and northern pike fishing (smallmouth bass & musky at Lac Seul)
- 2-way satellite phone communication between outposts and base camp
- 14’ aluminum boats with swivel padded boat seats (16’ boats on Lac Seul and Wapesi Lake) and 9.9, 15 & 25 h.p. motors (applying to size of lake) ; Gas, no limit
- Large coolers for block ice and beverages
- Propane BBQ grill and Propane burner for frying fish outside
- Shore lunch fry pan
- 110v charging station for recharging cameras, depth finders, etc. Solar charged electric lights
- Showers with hot water
- Large refrigerators
- Range with oven
- All essential cookware, frypans, dishes, etc.
- Wood stove for heat Screened in porch
- Block ice
- Selection of 10 different lakes
- No weight restrictions
- Showerhouse at base camp
- Various rates according to distance to lake and number of people in party – an affordable option to fit your individual budget
- Summer discounts available for families and children
- Discounts for any return trip in the same year minnow buckets Life vests
- Landing nets Kitchen towels & dish soap Toilet paper & paper towels Garbage bags Pillows and pillow case Coffee Pot (stove top percolator style)
- Basecamp bunkhouse available for additional charge
Air Service to Outposts Provided By:
Slate Falls Airways
Sioux Lookout, Ontario